Who doesn’t love nachos? Enjoy Cinco de Mayo!
- 1 14 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey or beef)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 handful kale
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce bag of shredded cheese (taco or mexican blend)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Chop onions and saute in olive oil.
- Add meat, stir. Once meat is brown add water and taco seasoning. Remove from heat once cooked.
- Place tortilla chips on a cooking sheet, making sure the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Add a layer of seasoned meat followed by tomatoes, and cheese.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for ~20 minutes.
- While nachos are baking, peel and pit avocado, then place cilantro, sour cream and juice from 1 lime into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove foil and place kale over nachos and drizzle avocado cilantro sauce over.
This is a really easy recipe to make! You can add or take away ingredients as you please. For example, add black beans, jalepenos, mushrooms, corn, etc. You can serve with basic sour cream and/or salsa, or eat as is. Wash it down with your favorite beverage!